Most recently, I've worked on 3D game apps and AR/VR prototype demos for HoloLens, Magic Leap, HTC Vive, and Oculus Rift.
I've spent 14 years in Redmond WA as a Senior Art and Animation Director for Microsoft Studios and Microsoft Research working on Microsoft HoloLens, HoloLens' Free-Viewpoint 3D capture technology, Xbox One, and Kinect game development. I specialize in 3D art and animation content creation and management, 3D performance capture/scanning, and augmented reality (aka mixed reality) research.
A brief overview of my professional background includes:
- Fuzzycube Software leadership team for 3D game apps and demos on Magic Leap, HTC Vive, and Oculus Rift.
- Microsoft Research leadership team for Microsoft HoloLens.
- Microsoft Research leadership team for Avatar Spectrum technology for Xbox One and Kinect.
- Microsoft Research leadership team for Kinect 3D performance capture technology (code name: Kent Studio) and precursor to ActionGrams.
- Microsoft Research leadership team for Avatar Kinect facial expression and lip-sync technology, utilized during Steve Ballmer's 2011 CES Keynote.
- First Augmented Reality Research Lead at Microsoft (Game) Studios.
- Microsoft Patent for "Smart Camera for Virtual Conferences" technology.
- Art Director and Motion Capture Specialist for Microsoft ESP, aka Flight Simulator's Enterprise Simulation Platform.
- Art Lead for Xbox 360's first multi-platform title, Shadowrun.
- Art/Animation Lead and key contributor for Xbox's first multiplayer title, Mech Assault.
- Art Director for blended animation technology and proprietary tools.
- 20+ years experience as an Art Director and Senior Animator in the game industry.
I also own the Xsens MVN inertial motion capture system. This very portable/mobile system doesn't require optical reflectors, special lights & cameras, or a dedicated studio space. Excellent motion for game assets, pre-viz, and cinematics!